Sunday, October 11, 2009

Surprise Birthday party!











Okay so Scott turned 30 on the 2nd and a friend of ours turned 30 on the 5th so his wife Ashley and I decided to throw them a surprise party together. I had already wanted to do this for about the last year and then when I found out that Spencer was the same age, We thought that would be great since they know the same people and everything. So when Scotts real birthday came around I did the cake and presents thing and it was no big deal and he thought nothing else about it. so that week I had been texting Ashley a bunch to organize things when they were there and had to make an excuse to get out of the house so that we could do the invites.

We'll our first idea of how to get them out of the house and back to mine did not work and then Spencer had lacross games that day so now I had to use his brother as a decoy which worked to get him out of the house but once he was out of the house it was hard to get him back. Apparently they were strolling along in sams just looking around and then I get a call from scott saying that he wanted to bring homw a pizza and meantime everyone was there and waiting for him and he was in sams still 20minutes away. So I demanded no pizza then he had tostop at walmart and get buns. I was like what the heck are you doing?! It was impossible so finally when he was on the way Ashlee called Spencer and he came over thinking that Scott needed help in the back yard and then surprise! So then I call scott and he is a minute away. So now Spencer is the decoy and I told him that Spencer came by and wanted to know about our trees and Scott is like okay what ever and then surprise. At first neither of tme knew that it was for their birthday since it had passed but I think they both liked it. I sprayed their hair white to symbolized the old men them that we did and we sang to them and had hamburgers and hotdogs and kids played and we all talked. It was chilly outside but bearable. Scott kept telling me thanks and that he really liked it and had not idea. I was glad! Mission accomplished.

1 comment:

Trisha said...

I am really sad that we couldn't be there!